5 Tips for Working with a Custom Design Studio
- Budget: Everything looks aaa-mazing on Pinterest and Instagram. Trust us, we’re nuts about them too. Coming up with a budget to create that gorgeousness can be a challenge. We encourage you to work with your planner to develop your budget. It is super helpful for you to have command of the general number, and then we will know how far we can stretch our creativity. Don’t worry if you’re not absolutely certain what you want: we’ll make sure you put your hands on lots of samples and understand the different printing processes. We use a dynamic estimating platform so we can create options for you and you can decide where to save and where to splurge. It’s transparent and stress free.
- The Look: We think about your wedding stationery in three phases: save the date, invitation suite, day of details. We love to be involved in the design process at the very beginning and carry our ideas all the way down to the matches and napkins. Yes, we can have more fun on the save the date and use your engagement photo. No, it does not have to match your invitation (or your bridesmaid dresses). But, it all should look totally cohesive! We think about your wedding weekend as a fully branded group of events and want to make sure your guests know you’ve thought of every little detail.
- Etiquette: We know! That word automatically makes you think about your grandma and saying please and thank you and yes ma’am. She’s wonderful, of course; but wedding etiquette is way more than just navigating please and thank you. We are here to help you with invitation wording: how do I keep it formal but fresh? If casually chic etiquette is more your jam, we’ll make sure it’s still done correctly. What if we have to consider an update or postponement? Yes, we’ve got you covered there, too. You’ve got a team of experts here to rely on.
- Not just paper: as a graphic design studio, we create art that begins with your invitations and then blossoms out from there. We may start with a wax seal duogram (each of your first initials) on the invitations, and then it develops into a shared monogram on your cocktail napkins. We can also create a custom aisle runner, large scale seating charts, graphics for the dance floor, a billboard (…ok, just sayin’).
- Art: What about a custom art? Yes, yes and yes! Sunset at the beach, the historic venue, the amazing rare blossom that your florist is going to use in your bouquet, the lace from your mother’s veil…just the idea of these gives us total goosebumps. We’re all about creating this kind of magic and bringing your wedding visions to life.